After striking out Ronald Acuña Jr. to begin the bottom of the first inning, Philadelphia Phillies righty Zack Wheeler got into some trouble by allowing a double to William Contreras.
The next Atlanta batter, Marcell Ozuna, roped a single to center field that seemed destined to give the Braves an early 1-0 lead.
That is, before Roman Quinn threw this 99.9 mph bullet to nail Contreras at home:
Quinn, 29, scored the game-winning run from second base Sunday night on a Max Muncy error. He is getting some playing time in center field as Odúbel Herrera struggles and Mickey Moniak continues to rehab a broken hand.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2022 Walk-Up Songs
- Phillies Nuggets: How Close Is Alec Bohm To Unlocking His Power?
- Watch: Brett Myers’ Son Kolt Crushes Home Run
- Scott Kingery Assigned To Triple-A Lehigh Valley
- Analyzing Joe Girardi’s Decision-Making In Friday’s Win
- The Numbers Behind The Phillies’ Bizarre Cycle Drought
- For Now, Joe Girardi’s Job Is Reportedly Safe
- The Phillies Really Pulled Off A Once-In-A-Generation Collapse
- ‘That Was Pretty Special’: Brad Miller Reflects On Best Moments With Phillies
- ‘It’s A Moment That I’ll Always Have’: Andrew McCutchen Reflects On HR In First Phillies At-Bat