Prior to Sunday’s series finale against the Los Angeles Angels, the Phillies reinstated shortstop Didi Gregorius (left knee sprain) from the injured list. Nick Maton (right shoulder sprain) was placed on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to June 4. Gregorius is not in the starting lineup for Sunday’s game.
The injury kept Gregorius off the field for a month. In five games with Triple-A Lehigh Valley on a rehab assignment, Gregorius went 3-for-15 with one home run and two RBIs. It was spectacled that the Phillies would bring back Gregorius earlier than expected from rehab after second baseman Jean Segura broke his right index finger on a bunt attempt on May 31. Segura will be out for approximately 10-12 weeks. He underwent successfull surgery on Friday and could return in September.
To replace Segura, the Phillies initially brought up Nick Maton, who was swinging a hot bat in Triple A. The 25-year-old went 3-for-6 with one home run and four RBIs in two games before hurting his shoulder while making a diving stop in the series opener against the Angels. He’ll now be out until at least June 14.
Here are the lineups for the series finale against the Los Angeles Angels.
- Matt Duffy, third base
- Shohei Ohtani, designated hitter
- Mike Trout, center field
- Jared Walsh, first base
- Jo Adell, right field
- Brandon Marsh, left field
- Kurt Suzuki, catcher
- Tyler Wade, second base
- Andrew Velazquez, shortstop
Starting Pitcher: LHP Patrick Sandoval
- Kyle Schwarber, left field
- Rhys Hoskins, first base
- Bryce Harper, designated hitter
- Nick Castellanos, right field
- J.T. Realmuto, catcher
- Alec Bohm, third base
- Odúbel Herrera, center field
- Johan Camargo, second base
- Bryson Stott, shortstop
Starting Pitcher: RHP Kyle Gibson
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2022 Walk-Up Songs
- Jim Leyland Didn’t Replace Joe Girardi For A Variety Of Reasons
- Takeaways From Dave Dombrowski, Rob Thomson Press Conference
- Bryce Harper Gives Honest Thoughts On Firing Of Joe Girardi
- Jean Segura Out 10-12 Weeks With Broken Finger That Will Require Surgery
- Inquirer Report Says Phillies Are ‘Believed To Be’ Only Team That Failed To Secure Apartments For Minor League Players
- Former Phillie J.A. Happ Announces Retirement
- Watch: Brett Myers’ Son Kolt Crushes Home Run
- Phillies Nuggets: How Close Is Alec Bohm To Unlocking His Power?
- Scott Franzke Opens Wednesday’s Broadcast With Touching Intro After Texas School Shooting