Gamenight: Phillies (13-11) At Pirates (9-14) – Phillies Nation
Posts

Gamenight: Phillies (13-11) At Pirates (9-14)

After a nice hold-’em win last night, the offense looks to blow by Pirates’ starter Matt Morris. Kyle Kendrick will try to recoup from an average start against the Rockies.

Phillies: Kyle Kendrick (1-2), 5.59 ERA
Pirates: Matt Morris (0-3), 9.15 ERA

Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Weather: 70 degrees, showers
Lineup: Werth/Dobbs/Utley/Howard/Burrell/Jenkins/Coste/Bruntlett/Kendrick

MLB TV
MLB Gameday Audio
MLB Gameday

Your gamenight beer: I suppose it’s a fitting beer. It’s Lump of Coal. This English beer is strong as hell. Everyone: Drink one for me tonight. I’m hoping I don’t get a lump of coal in my apartment when I hopefully check out the damage tomorrow.

Go Phillies!

Click to comment

1. Fran

April 26, 2008 at 7:12 pm

I just called that home run. I said to my roomate, watch this its out of here

2. chris m

April 26, 2008 at 7:13 pm

wow…prediction for an after home run at bat.3 k’s.tim hope evrything goes well

3. Paul

April 26, 2008 at 7:35 pm

Another fast start for the Phils! And another different lineup… I wonder how many different lineups Manuel has used this year.

4. chris m

April 26, 2008 at 9:01 pm

tim or anyone else that could answer this please do… i dont understand why we dont plug burell btw utley and howard… when howard and utley are back to back they can have a lefty pitch to them late in the game and then sub a righty for burell. if burell is btw the two either utley and howard get a righty or burell gets a lefty. with burell hitting good he should be btw the two i think bc they could give mangers a headache with matchups and get some better matchups then they are now…what do you think abewt that? this situation happens at least once a game

5. Paul

April 26, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Nicely done Kendrick. Gives the pen a nice break.

6. Gavin

April 26, 2008 at 9:24 pm

Off topic men. Is it me….or does it appear Andy Reid is smoking some of his kids crack. The Eagles look like they have no clue in this draft.

7. erik

April 26, 2008 at 9:48 pm

i will stay off topic but disagree with you. eagles fans have collectively been asking for another wide out. jackson is a guy with amazing speed and great hands and has the abilty to really make people miss in the the open field. i could def compare him to a donte stallworth. he is the guy we need to stretch the field. he is also a crazy good return man. go check out some of his vids on you tube. i think he was a great pick as well as trading for booker from miami. he is a great guy to add to westbrook and buckhalter in the backfield. i do believe donovan got the weapons that he asked for. i am very happy with the birds draft so far this year. the extra round 1 pick for next year is also a great bonus. but anyway, going to the bottom of the ninth, great game so far phils

8. Embassy

April 26, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Even better for Kendrick, no walks. I like the looks of that.

9. Danny

April 27, 2008 at 12:45 am

Profoundly off topic.

But if you guys think us eagles fans got screwed in the draft (which I don’t), how about bengals fans? Check out some of their message boards… its hilarious.

Imagine if we drafted jerome simpson instead of jackson??

Wow, i feel for the bengals fans.

10. Fran

April 27, 2008 at 1:48 am

Tim, just read what happened to your apartment in the last blog. I wish you the best man, your in my prayers.

11. Mark

April 27, 2008 at 2:57 am

Six of seven games won. Is the Big Man back on track. The ‘pen continues to look great!