Labor Day Road Trip to DC

Nationals Park

Due to the success of our last trip to Washington, DC, as well as the completion of the new Nationals Park, Phillies Nation is organizing a trip down to our nation’s capital once again.

This season the Phillies play all weekday games when visiting the Nationals, but fortunately one of them is on Monday, September 1st, also known as Labor Day. It’s hard to imagine a better way to spend the day off work than at a 3:05 game in the new DC ballpark.

We’ll be leaving from Citizens Bank Park at 10am, which should give us plenty of time to tailgate with DC Phillies fans.

Tickets are $80 and include:

• A seat to and from DC on a comfy motorcoach showing classic Phillies videos
  • Food and beverages on the bus and in the parking lot
  • Phillies and Phillies Nation giveaways
  • Tickets in Section 104, rows 4-9 – home run territory and close to Pat Burrell and the Phillies bullpen

August 12 Update

The Phillies Nation bus has sold out, but we do have details on another bus if you are still looking for a ride down. Our friend Joe Benzon has a bus (or two) leaving from Roosevelt Mall in NE Philly at 9:30am that day. His seats are in section 403 and can be reserved for $60.

If you already have a ride to the game, you can still party with us or sit in our section or both. Buy your tickets here:

If you have questions on about anything, please send us an email.

1. Phil

June 10, 2008 at 10:27 am

Does the beverages include beer?

2. Brian Michael

June 10, 2008 at 10:28 am

3. Phil

June 10, 2008 at 10:30 am

Oh man, are you guys older Phillies fans that drink shit beer like Coors Light or are you drinking good beer on the way down?

4. Geoff

June 10, 2008 at 10:31 am

You gotta break out the quality beer. most mainstream beer is chemically-infested garbage. coors light would be included in that.

5. Julie

June 10, 2008 at 10:37 am

Phil, have you seen the game threads with recommended beers? Coors Light was purposely shunned from the site during the Colorado series.

6. Phil

June 10, 2008 at 10:38 am

hahahahahaha yeah, I have noticed they are always putting up good beers to drink. I have some suggestions. I’m a bartender and know some really good beer. I’m psyched for this trip. I’m gonna talk to a few friends and see if they wanna go too.

7. chris m

June 10, 2008 at 10:41 am

damn…wish i could be there sounds like a ton of fun… nice job putting that together…hope its a big hit

8. Tim Malcolm

June 10, 2008 at 11:13 am

No Coors Light. Had it this past weekend and I wish I didn’t. Just horrible.

You all should go, because you’ll all get a chance to see me. (You know, pelt batteries at me, tell me about your 20-something daughter/sister/girlfriend, whatever.) If anything, we’ll talk Phils.

9. Julie

June 10, 2008 at 11:30 am

Ok, so we’re leaving at 10. Who wants to meet at 9 to tailgate the bus leaving?

10. Jeffrey

June 10, 2008 at 11:33 am

Awesome. I’m a Morrisville/Levittown native and lifelong Phillies fan who lives in DC and is a season-ticket holder in Sec. 105, Row D.
    I look forward to seeing the Nation out in force on Labor Day, though I’ll be drinking the cheapest beer possible (see above: ‘Morrisville/Levittown native’).

11. scot

June 10, 2008 at 11:39 am

Brian, this sounds incredible. Checking the calendar already to see if I can make it happen.

12. Tim Malcolm

June 10, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Shit, Julie, I’m there at 8.

Well, maybe.

Looks like kegs and eggs (or some variation) for the morning.

13. Gnomicide

June 10, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Low on cash right now, wish I could go.

Some other time if you have it though I’d definitely be down.

14. erik

June 10, 2008 at 12:37 pm

tim, my dad owns a sports tour company and has a few different phillies trips. some are home and some are away. check out the website also, if you are interested, i could help plan any future trips you would be looking to take.

15. Phil

June 10, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Can we please do a game vs the Mets at Shea? Would like to go there before it’s knocked down.

16. Brian Michael

June 10, 2008 at 1:14 pm

There is a Phillies-Mets game at Shea, the Friday after the DC trip. Maybe we can do both.

Erik, what do you think?

17. dan

June 10, 2008 at 2:11 pm

are younger fans welcome?

18. Rob Cowie

June 10, 2008 at 2:16 pm

Of course. Phillies Nation promotes fan and family friendly environments at all programs and events. Though we can not be responsible for the things seen and/or heard before , during and after the trip.

But, if your kids are true Philadelphia fans then they won’t be phased at all from anything they will witness.

19. erik

June 10, 2008 at 2:29 pm

if you look at the website i posted, there is a mets-phils on the 6th trip already going. if the nation wanted so many tickets i could arrange for that to happen. let me know. search under the mets to see that game.

20. erik

June 10, 2008 at 2:34 pm

also, my dad bus trips include tailgate parties prior to the game. hamburgers, sausage sandwiches, chili, chips pretzels, etc. soda and water are provided and a half barrel of beer for each bus of course

21. Charlie

June 10, 2008 at 3:06 pm

So you know 610 WIP is sponsoring a Phillies fans take over Shea day. Its going to be September 6th.

22. Phil

June 10, 2008 at 3:13 pm

Charlie, can I get details about that?

23. dan

June 10, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Haha I don’t have kids, I’m just an 18-year old kid myself. I’ve got some friends who are 17 and I think we’d all be interested in making the trip and I wasn’t sure if it would be cool or not. I’d love to make the trip and become a real part of Phillies Nation.

24. Phil

June 10, 2008 at 6:07 pm

Too bad you can’t get drunk with the rest of us. haha

25. dan

June 10, 2008 at 9:50 pm

ill probably make the drive myself and get drunk down there and then hang with the phils nation since i’d rather not be a liability

26. scot

June 11, 2008 at 8:37 am

Can anyone at Phillies Nation make the promise, even this far in advance, that the indomitable Tim Redding won’t be on the mound for the game?

27. Chris

June 19, 2008 at 5:58 pm

Where will the bus leave from?

28. Brian Michael

June 21, 2008 at 7:11 pm

The bus will leave from Citizen’s Bank Park.

29. Mike

June 21, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Will there be the famed $11.00 parking fee at CBP?

Any word on how bookings have been so far? I am very interested, but have not planned that far ahead yet.

Go Phillies!

30. Phil M

June 26, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I promised this for my Dad on father’s day. I’m buying when I get paid on Monday. Should be fun for me and the old man, just turned 71! Make sure the weather is nice for me, ok?

31. sean

June 27, 2008 at 10:36 am

i have about ten people interested in going looking to get the tiks this week anyone know about how many left

32. Chris

June 29, 2008 at 1:40 pm

How many spots are left? I may have a solid group interested in going…

33. sean

July 1, 2008 at 12:30 pm

ordered nine tiks today are they shipped in the mail or how does it work. cant wait already gonna be a great time my first phillies nation trip

34. Tim Malcolm

July 1, 2008 at 12:43 pm

Glad everyone is getting on the fun here. It’s gonna be a ridiculous time.

35. Don M

July 1, 2008 at 12:53 pm

Anyone going to Chicago before this trip… we were up in Boston a couple years ago, drinking with Ryan Madson in Cask-n-Flagon behind the green monster LOADED with LOADED PHILLIES FANS.. it was a great time and I’m hoping that Chicago is going be packed with Phils fans as well.. Got tickets for Fri, Sat, and Sunday that weekend

36. Elizabeth

July 2, 2008 at 11:32 am

Just ordered two tickets and wondering about the logistics-will they come in the mail? And what about parking?

Thanks for any additional info

37. Pat

July 2, 2008 at 11:40 am

I’m signed up with Elizabeth – can’t wait! And I’d like to know more about the Shea trip on the 6th…does anyone have details?

38. Brian Michael

July 2, 2008 at 11:03 pm

Tickets will be distributed through email. All the record-keeping will be online, so there’s no need to worry about that.

I will be going to Chicago the weekend before the trip so if anyone is planning to go there too, let me know.

39. Phil M

July 8, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Can we park at CBP all day?

40. Chris

July 22, 2008 at 11:42 pm

Ordered 6 spots today… my family and I are very excited… the beers will be flowin’!!!

41. Mets#1

July 23, 2008 at 12:09 am

There are 8 of us going to we will have our mets jersey’s ready to go!

42. SAM

July 23, 2008 at 6:41 pm

43. Phils Phan

July 24, 2008 at 4:17 pm

Will this bus run out of beer for a 3 hour drive up and back ? Can you bring beer ?

44. Phil M

July 26, 2008 at 12:59 pm

“Mets#1 Says:
    July 23rd, 2008 at 12:09 am
    There are 8 of us going to we will have our mets jersey’s ready to go!
    Is this bus one of the small yellow ones you fans have road on your whole lives?”

LOL “have road”…. come back after 3rd grade grammer… no wonder you’re a Mets fan

45. Dennis

August 4, 2008 at 8:42 am

I ordered four spots on saturday… At least I think? Shouldn’t I get an e-mail comformation or something? Anyone know?

46. Mark

August 4, 2008 at 12:14 pm

How can I get in on that second bus?

47. Brian Michael

August 4, 2008 at 12:41 pm

You are encouraged to bring your own beer, but we’ll have plenty. We may need people to at least bring some coolers.

48. Brian

August 4, 2008 at 1:22 pm

I want to know about the second bus. There will be two, maybe three of us heading down (and if I know there is space, I’ll ask around)

49. Phils Phan

August 4, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Brian Michael- I will definately bring a cooler with beer . Thanks for the input! Also, ordered 2 tickets and did not receive any email confirmation? I’m sure everybody might be asking rhe same question…
    Tickets being shipped via postal mail or email ? and when should we expect them ?

50. Phils Phan

August 4, 2008 at 1:41 pm

oh and by the way – METS SUCK!

51. Mark

August 10, 2008 at 2:11 pm

Any word on Bus #2 ?

Tim, did you reserve me a seat?……

52. Chris

August 11, 2008 at 4:57 pm

are these ‘hard’ tickets we will be receiving??

53. Krall

August 12, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Any idea where the tailgating is occuring. I’m a Philly Terp so I plan on jumping on the metro to go see the game and I know of a bunch of fellow UMDers who almost got kicked out of the old RFK stadium for being phillies phans last summer, we’d love to join the crowd

54. Brian Michael

August 13, 2008 at 12:51 am

We’ll be tailgating at RFK beforehand. Send us an email with your phone number and we’ll let you know the exact location when we get down there.

55. Rick

August 28, 2008 at 2:13 pm

I wish I was going to this! I’m jealous!

56. Pingback: Phils Win, And Split Werth Every Penny | Phillies Nation

57. erotic

November 25, 2008 at 10:00 pm

One in front female erotic massage clip of the beginnings of her. It now had just won.

58. nude

December 7, 2008 at 3:43 am

I was breathinghard. Jessie tennis upskirt pics if itmeant moving in my lips opened.

59. kookimebux

February 1, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Hello. And Bye. 🙂

60. atropino

September 6, 2009 at 5:14 am

Hello people, it is Labor Day! I’m enjoying my extra day off, and I am planning to make something fun that’ll probably involve a bike ride and seeing something new in Marlborough I haven’t seen yet.
    You write something new on a Monday at the labor day? … haPPY bLoGgIng!

61. Kyle Durk

February 1, 2010 at 2:07 am

If you agree COlts are going to lose become a fan of FB page Colts Will Lose Super Bowl 2010!