Here’s a nice refresher on goings on with the multiple pitchers in the minors.
- Adam Eaton wasn’t too good for Reading last night against the Bowie Baysox. He surrendered six runs on seven hits and two walks. Three of the hits were home runs.
- After a few really nice starts in Lehigh Valley, Carlos Carrasco crashed down to Earth a bit in his last outing. He allowed six runs on nine hits in five innings against the Buffalo Bison Tuesday night. He did strike out seven, keeping his K/BB splits pretty strong.
- JA Happ didn’t fare too well in his last start for the IronPigs, either. He gave up four runs on five hits and two free passes in five innings. Previously, he had been pretty unhittable for Lehigh Valley.
- Kris Benson did pitch well against Buffalo in his last start. He went seven innings, allowing three earned runs on nine hits while K’ing four. Not amazing or anything, but he’s had five consecutive six-inning starts. Pretty good and pretty Kendrickian.
- And just in case you really want to know, JD Durbin has not pitched well. He was demoted back to Reading after Mike Cervenak came back to Lehigh Valley. For the IronPigs, Durbin threw 36 innings and gave up 39 eraned runs. Yup. That’s an ERA over 9.00 (9.75). Good. Riddance. Real. Deal.