Posts

Hamels On Letterman Tonight

World Series MVP Cole Hamels will present the Top 10 List on “The Late Show with David Letterman” tonight (11:35 p.m., CBS)

1. bob

October 30, 2008 at 10:11 pm

CONGRATULATIONS TO PHILLIE FAN’S EVERYWHERE, I UNDERSTAND YOUR CURRENT STATE OF EUPHORIA CONSIDERING THIS IS YOUR 2ND WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN YOUR FRANCHISES 116 YR. HISTORY I TOO ALONG WITH MY LOVED ONES WOULD PERHAPS CELEBRATE BY SMASHING BANK & LUGGAGE STORE WINDOW’S, DESTROY A FEW BUS SHELTER’S SET DUMPSTER’S ON FIRE WHILE SMASHING BEER BOTTLES, OF COURSE THE CELEBRATION WOULDN’T BE COMPLETE WITHOUT OVERTURNING OTHER FAMILIES SUVS AND BUSTING OUT THEIR WINDOW’S, YES PHILLIE FAN’S I UNDERSTAND YOUR CELEBRATORY MOOD AND AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS.

2. Phil

October 30, 2008 at 10:21 pm

Gotta love the trolls. They have to come try and bring us down because they’re jealous that our team is #1!!!

3. grrrumpy miner

October 30, 2008 at 10:26 pm

Thank god for KPIX in san fran on my dish….otherwise i’d miss it…….have some shows I tape at 11 from san fran….btw thank god for the DVR.

4. grrrumpy miner

October 30, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Phil….no jealousy here….your Phillies won fair and square.Nobody can take that your away from you.After the parade…..I say what I have to say.

5. Debbie Ciraolo

October 30, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Ok another reason to stay up late ….. Cole, thank you so much for the excitment, fun and reason to love my city again….. its been a long time in the making… I did celebrate the last world series games with Philly and look forward to many more …have fun on Letterman…. A great show with a great guy… thank you Cole Hamel for doing what you do best – WIN !!!!! Have fun at the parade – let Philly celebrate your win in their Philly finest !!!!! 🙂

6. timval3106

October 30, 2008 at 10:52 pm

You know, Bob, I believe you. Anyone who came to this particular site on this particular day to say what you said is capable of that kind of destruction. Get a life.

7. grrrumpy miner

October 30, 2008 at 11:14 pm

Cole is doing the Top 10 which is always a treat…….btw,where is Letterman’s home office these days?

8. Phil

October 30, 2008 at 11:57 pm

hahahaha that was great. How cool of a name is Cole Hamels? hahaha I always thought he had a really cool name.

9. Phil

October 31, 2008 at 12:00 am

What sucks is my uncle works on the show and if I woulda knew Hamels would have been on tonight I would have told him to get me an autograph.

10. SJ Mike

October 31, 2008 at 12:00 am

“Oh, and the Mets are playing golf.”

11. SJ Mike

October 31, 2008 at 12:01 am

My girlfriend works like 2 blocks north of Letterman on Broadway in NYC. I’m all kinds of jealous of her.

12. grrrumpy miner

October 31, 2008 at 12:33 am

Phil….I’m sure (not 100% sure) but sure enough that Letterman’s doesn’t give promo tix to his employees because he gets nervous if CBS brass or sponsors are in the audience…so either you would have had tix in advance or get them via standby.

13. J-Man

October 31, 2008 at 1:13 am

Haha i seen it it was funny…The best one was “Now i know how the Yankees used to feel”.

14. mikemike

October 31, 2008 at 6:11 am

How come no one mention the other city post celebration not once does it mention boston. They had arrest and some over jealous people same with atlanta ,toronto, chicago. alot of cities have had some problems. new york had near riots.. I still love the fact the writers in this city don’t stoop down to the level of the city like tampa and la. who riped us as a city.We win or lose on the field and don’t attack the people of a city for what a few have done. Is it fair to blame Los Angeles people for the behavior of few people who riot and lit fires and destroy business, our fans come out to the games even when we were not good ,Tampa couldn’t give tickets away five thousand fans would attend games for years they couldn’t draw people, talk about front runners. The writers in other markets think when they are losing on the field try to embarres the people of a city, that in my opinion is wrong and childess.

15. uguethurbina

October 31, 2008 at 5:25 pm

that grammar in the first post is just piss poor. Illiteracy is a serious problem in this country…

16. Donna Ipp

November 1, 2008 at 7:31 pm

The heaven’s shined bright for the Phillies big night !!!! Thanks to all of our team for a great thrill ride. Congratulations and let’s do it again next year. The parade was the best !!!