Posts

My Holiday Wish List

In honor of Black Friday, here’s what I’m asking friends and family for this Christmas:

2008 World Champions sweatshirt

I don’t have a hooded sweatshirt, so this will nicely fill that hole. Originally I was going for the 2008 Playoffs sweatshirt (which is really nice), but come on, you have to pimp the trophy.

Phillies alternate jersey

The gorgeous third-jersey needs to be in my closet. Any player will do — even So Taguchi. I don’t mind.

World Series DVD box set

From A&E video, get each full World Series game right here in this eight-disc set. Key postseason games also featured. Unedited. All games in entirety. This’ll hold me until the 2008 season DVD, “Perfect Season” is released.

World Champions pilsner glass

If you know me, you know my love of beer. These two go together like oil and pastrami.

Phillies desk clock

For the office. A nice addition.

Golf balls and towel

I’m a golfer, so it’s nice honoring my favorite team on the links.

Phillies mug set

For my evening teas. This is essential.

Highland Mint commemorative coin

You kind of need the commemorative coin. It just screams “official.”

SI Commemorative Book

Finally, of course, the Sports Illustrated special commemorative edition. Growing up, I always wanted to see my team featured in the “Congratulations!” commercials. Now I have it. And now I want this.

1. Georgie

November 28, 2008 at 12:10 pm

haha, love the list ,Tim. We have now reverted back to our childhoods, when people ask me what I want for Christmas, I just say “anything World Series related, don’t care what it is, I want it ALL.

2. mike

November 28, 2008 at 12:54 pm

Tim how about a number two starter like burnett or lowe to go with Hamels. instead of shirt

3. Mazinman

November 28, 2008 at 1:43 pm

I totally understand the SI book thing. I signed up for a year of SI only to get that. I too always dreamed of the Phillies being in those commercials so I could not say no to it, even though I am not a big S.I. fan.

4. Chuck P

November 28, 2008 at 2:55 pm

This is great… I have about $350 worth of merchandise waiting in my Modell’s online shopping cart (shopping for myself and my three sons)… I have been debating whether “checking out is” worth the vicious backlash that would inevitably follow when she sees the bill; a backlash which would include a verbal assault and a massive counter-attack spending spree (anything you can do I can do better) not to mention potential “late-night” implications (withholding the thing that gets our attention more than the box score).

5. Griffin

November 28, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Mazinman, I too signed up for SI to get all the free Phillies stuff. I always said I would subscribe once the Phils won the world series. I’m looking forward to the free Phillies stuff.

I would like Derek Lowe for Christmas, but I know better.

6. Chris L

November 28, 2008 at 3:41 pm

Glad you didnt mention the “official” roster tshirt which seem to include both Tom Gordon and Adam Eaton ( instead of Stairs and Blanton).

And I too ordered SI for the free gift — now I just hope I remember to cancel it once I get the free stuff. Then again living in the Midwest limits my choices on what to choose from.

7. Griffin

November 28, 2008 at 3:47 pm

Phils sign 32 year old reliever Mike Koplove to a minor league deal. They couldn’t resist themselves on Black Friday!

November 29, 2008 at 12:01 am

I just bought a Phillies Road replica jersey (No. 63, Ryan Madson… I bet I’m the only one with this one haha) — 40% off today only. Couldn’t resist the urge… Plus, they’ll send me the NL Champs brown cap for free, which is pretty awesome….!

9. MA Phanatic

November 29, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Tim, I had the same dilemna with the sweatshirt. I decided to go with the MLB Playoffs sweatshirt, because when everyone sees it, they’ll say, “2008 Playoffs” and I’ll say “yeah, that’s when we won the World Series. Remember that? The phillies are 2008 world champions” I’ll never get tired of saying that….

10. Paul

December 2, 2008 at 11:04 am

I got the SI book. It’s very nice. They do a great job with the photography, and some of the articles are good too. Well worth getting.

11. AJ

December 12, 2008 at 9:04 pm

Palm is running a campaign where you can text in your wish list to Santa and get what you wish for.