Grapefruiting

Coming Tomorrow: Grapefruiting 2009

Last year I took my first trip to Clearwater, Fla. We all know how that season turned out …

We’re doing it again this season, but this time your senior members of Phillies Nation will be there at once, reporting, conducting business, having some small amounts of fun. (If you’re in the Clearwater area, just yell loudly. We might hear you.)

Starting tomorrow I’ll be posting from the Sunshine state. Our itenerary includes three Phillies games (Sunday vs. Cardinals, Monday at Yankees, Tuesday vs. Reds), some practice time, a special charity event, a tailgate and tons of hobnobbing. Stay with us throughout the next few days while we provide you top-notch Phillies coverage, as always.

1. Rick

March 13, 2009 at 10:10 am

Any of ya’s gonna be down there Wednesday til Sunday this coming week/end?? Cowwwwie, hit me up if ya are.

2. Rob Cowie

March 13, 2009 at 10:22 am

I just texted you our plan. Get at me when you land Wednesday.

3. jS

March 13, 2009 at 9:07 pm

we are catching the game in kissimmee tomorrow vs astros. Anyone know when the WFC’s arrive for away contests?

4. jS

March 13, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Long live rudy “the chief” seanez

5. steve

March 13, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Spent 4 days down in the sun 3/6-3/9. Caught 4 games (Jays, Tigers, Braves, Reds) in 4 days. Weather was perfect – 80 degrees, no clouds, not a drop of rain. Ryan Howard looks awesome – he’s lost more than the 20 pounds reported. Jason Donald is a player. He’s our next third baseman in 2010, if not later this year. Jamie Moyer looked to be in midseason form. Blanton and Hamels were sharp, Madson wasn’t throwing as hard as he will later but still was effective. Mayberry Jr. has lots of tools and lots of power but he seems to have a problem with breaking stuff. Carrasco was disapointing in his appearance – no command at all. Happ was brilliant, K’ing 7 in his 3 innings. Marcus Giles looks like the Giles of old. He’s swinging the bat really well. Ronny Paulino showed me nothing.

6. glenn

March 14, 2009 at 7:34 am

Do you guys know what lot you’re going to be tailgating in on Sunday? I’ll stop by and say hello.