Utley Wins Silver Slugger Award

Chase Utley wins his fourth consecutive Silver Slugger Award.  Players, coaches, and managers selected Utley as the best hitting second baseman in the National League.

Utley finished the year with a .282 batting average, .397 on-base percentage, and .508 slugging percentage.  Utley hit 31 home runs and drove in 93 runs.

1. Joe Deer

November 12, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Go Chase!

2. johnathe Dear

November 12, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Me and my wife are in the lifestyle. Infact we meet on a site called CT, Anybody whom is thinking about or are in the lifestyle, I would recomend joining and trying the free trial membership.

3. shag beta sigma delta

November 12, 2009 at 9:15 pm

johnathe Dear what in the hell are you talking about

4. Jeff of Nova

November 12, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Werth got snubbed I thought he should be up there too

5. Polish Prince

November 12, 2009 at 9:37 pm

I agree with you Jeff. Once again an undeserving Dodger takes an award away from a Phillie. Yesterday Hudson stole a GG from Utley and today Kemp steals a SS from Werth.

6. The Original Chuck P

November 13, 2009 at 10:11 am

What shag said…

I think that Werth and Kemp are close… you could argue for a lot of guys… Ibanez, Dunn and Hawpe had better OPS numbers than both Werth and Kemp. I do feel like the Phillies deserved two SS’ers.

The biggest snub, in my opinion, is Pudgy Panda… Sandoval’s numbers are better than Zimmerman’s… 2nd highest BA in the NL, 6th in slugging percentage… Zimmerman had more runs and more RBI’s but Adam Dunn had a lot to do with that… the two flip-flopped spots in the batting order all season. The Giants had no one… Rowand, Fred Lewis, Juan Uribe, Benji Molina, Edgar Renteria… that lineup is terrible.