Phillies Nation TV: Utley, Clearwater, Prospects

On the latest edition of Phillies Nation TV, we talk, who else, Chase Utley. What’s with the lack of communication within the organization? Kind of odd that Ruben Amaro says one thing, Utley another. We discuss.

Also, I got a chance to talk with John Timberlake (yes, Justin’s uncle), the Clearwater Threshers GM and Director of Florida Operations. We discussed looking over the youngsters and expanding on Bright House Field.

Also, questions and comments with the lovely Natalie Egenolf. Plus, fan reactions from Clearwater that are hilarious.

Click to comment

1. Brian Michael

March 29, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Corey sure nailed the Juan Pierre question.

2. Jeff

March 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Starks was on the radio today. Right on the money. There is no way this team will make the playoffs. I am so glad he said it. The scouts are even down on this team. He said if Pence goes down there in trouble. He said they have no offense. Ultey keeps everything to himself. Teamates are upset. Howard who knows with that injury. He said Ruin tomorrow has no money to play with and no prospects. They are so done. Miami and Washington will be the teams to beat. Sorry the truth hurts. Who scares you on this team…BYE

• Ian Riccaboni

March 29, 2012 at 9:08 pm

… and welcome back to Phillies Nation, Jeff!

I prefer my pessimism in haiku form like Andrew from Waldorff’s posts.

• schmenkman

March 29, 2012 at 10:02 pm

This deserves a billboard — during the playoffs.

• EricL

March 29, 2012 at 11:11 pm

When I win the MegaMillions tomorrow night, I’m going to set aside some of my winnings to purchase this billboard somewhere along 95 during September and October.

• Lefty

March 30, 2012 at 6:26 am

Wait just a minute! I was planning on winning. I have it all planned out, but I won’t be stingy, I’ll fit the billboard into the budget.

• Pat Gallen

March 29, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I heard Stark and that’s not at all what he said.

• Corey Seidman

April 2, 2012 at 1:44 am

Laughed out loud at that

3. Don M

March 30, 2012 at 12:20 am

Jeff the angry Mets fan….

Any fans that think this team has no problems -live in a fantasy land… But anyone that thinks this team will not contend -is just as crazy

4. bacardipr05

March 30, 2012 at 3:38 am

Jeff i think they will still compete. It be tougher for them but i believe they will find ways to win. Expect a lot of 3-2 games and a lot of nail biting, cursing, heart palpitations that sort of thing. Utley has always been Utley no surprise there. We all wish he would be more upfront but it just wont happen. I sure hope the Phils dont trade any of the baby aces for Theriot. The Phillies have added cheap potential power guys in Wiggy, Nix and Thome but none of these guys has hit for high average recently. Wasnt this the problem before Cholly waiting for the big hit. Oh and Cody F’ing Ross…

5. Jeff

March 30, 2012 at 10:14 am

Mets fan. LOL. I do not think so. You guys come on here and god forbid you say anything negative about this team. They have many problems. Forget the injuries. Salaries? Long term deals? No propects that any team wants? Come on

• schmenkman

March 30, 2012 at 10:45 am

We agree there — they have many problems. Some of which they may be able to spend their way out of, and some note.

The question is what it all means for 2012 — you’ll get a pretty wide range of opinions on that, and yours is at one extreme of the range.

6. Keith

March 30, 2012 at 10:44 am

off topic, but D. Brown’s stats since going back to AAA camp. 12 ABs, 6 hits, 1 3B, 2 HRs. I know sample size, but we don’t need defense on the phillies (we have Vic, Galvis, Ruiz, Rollins), we need offense.

7. Jeff

March 30, 2012 at 11:06 am

D. Brown should of been traded by now. We have seen him play and he is lazy. Bad defense. Jogging to the ball. You cant teach that. Blanton should of been gone a long time ago. This team needs offense and they go out and bring in a big time closer for a fortune. We did not need to spend that kind of money for him. Utley is done. Howard who knows how he will react when coming back. Thats a huge injury for a big man. Polly, come on. The guy will be lucky to play 85 games this year. write it down. rollins has be declining. This team does not look good.

• schmenkman

March 30, 2012 at 11:12 am

I don’t think so (applies to every sentence).

• Bryan

March 30, 2012 at 12:28 pm

You lost me after your non-ironic “should of.”

• Pat Gallen

March 30, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Jeff is definitely @FanSince09

• EricL

April 2, 2012 at 12:35 am

The “should of traded Brown” gave it away for me.

8. Jaron B

March 30, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I think that Thome would do better in the fourth spot rather than fifth unless there’s certain matchups. Other than that, looking great.

It is interesting to hear that Rollins is batting 3rd and not leadoff.

9. TheDipsy

April 1, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Corey – with respect – Ryan Howard makes every scoop at first base? Not only doesn’t he do that, but he is also good for missing one or two balls thrown directly at him by infielders at least three times a season. I’m not saying he is a horrible fielder, but i had to take umbrage with your scoop observation. Nice rainbow collar on the polo shirt, though. Go Phils. Here is your lineup:

The Dipsy

• Pat Gallen

April 1, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Thats cool of you to comment on what he’s wearing, though, for no apparent reason Dipsy.

• Corey Seidman

April 2, 2012 at 1:46 am

You guys are funny as shit.

Dipsy, he does. I can’t proove it to you. There’s no stat. You can say the opposite.

10. TheDipsy

April 1, 2012 at 1:07 pm

make that “two or three balls a season thrown directly at him a season”. Thanks to the Department of Redundancy Department for catching that.

The Dipsy

• Bruce

April 1, 2012 at 3:13 pm

@The Dipsy: Nice line-up for opening day. However, Charlie Manuel has a notebook written containing a hundred variations of a lineup for every occasion just in case of injuries, slumps, opposing pitchers, etc. (chuckles)

The keyword/password for this season is…”smallball.”

11. TheDipsy

April 1, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Hey, I’ll give the guy props for a keen fashion sense.

The Dipsy

• brooks

April 1, 2012 at 7:08 pm

so, you’re in the bar doing the show. where are the beers?

12. live channels online

April 1, 2012 at 10:24 pm

naturally like your web site however you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very troublesome to tell the reality nevertheless I will surely come back again.

• EricL

April 2, 2012 at 12:36 am

This is perhaps the most insulting bot-spam I’ve ever seen. WTF?

• Corey Seidman

April 2, 2012 at 1:44 am

13. buy usa vpn

April 2, 2012 at 12:58 am

I believe this is among the so much important info for me. And i am satisfied reading your article. But wanna observation on some general issues, The site style is great, the articles is truly great : D. Excellent job, cheers

14. bhkjl

April 17, 2012 at 8:46 pm

フェラガモ (Ferragamo)は、1927年フィレンツェで創立者であるが、グッチ靴の製造メーカーとして開業。サルヴァトーレ・フェラガモが作る靴の愛好者は、オードリー・ヘップバーン、・ローレン、 フェラガモ公式サイトブレタ・ガルボ、マリリン・モンローなどの著名人の顧客も多く抱えてフェラガモ シューズいることでも有名。 のその高いファッションセンスは、グッチ 財布女性だけでなく男性にも多くの支持者を得ています。は、1927年の創業以来、靴製品で名声を得てきました。フェラガモ ベルトは、現在では革製品、アクセサリー、フレグランス、およびアパレル製品グッチ アウトレットのデザイン・製造・流通をおこなう一流の企業へと発展しています。1941年、コーチ アウトレットアメリカはニューヨークのマンハッタンにてマイルス・カーンコーチバッグ、リリアン・カーン夫妻達の皮革職人による家族経営がの始まりです。もともとは丈夫な野球のグローブを参考にカバンを作成していたので、使えば使うほど味の出る皮(レザー)コーチ バッグを主な商品としていましたが、元トミー・ヒルフィガーでデザインコーチ 財布 やマーケティングを担当していたリード・クラッコフを迎え、実用性のみならずファッション性の高い製品へと近年変貌を遂げましたコーチ店舗。