Worley Sees Dr. Andrews; Rollins Out of Lineup

Vance is seeing Dr. Andrews. (AP)

-Three words you never want to hear if you’re a pitcher: Dr. James Andrews. Vance Worley is hearing those words today as he sees the infamous doctor to get a better sense of why he’s having elbow pain. Ruben Amaro gave that update today, but did not have any results from the appointment as of roughly 4:30 pm. Results from an MRI showed a bone chip in Worley’s right elbow and some inflammation as the reason for the discomfort. But, the Phillies decided not to take chances and had him see Andrews.

More on this as we get it…

-Jimmy Rollins is not in the lineup tonight after his wife, Johari, gave birth to a baby girl. Freddy Galvis will start at shortstop, Mike Fontenot gets the call at second base. I’ve never had a child before, but I can imagine it being a trying time for someone, especially when every at-bat is scrutinized like it is for Rollins. Will this ease things for Jimmy from here on out? We’ll see. But, congrats are in order for Rollins and his wife.

-Placido Polanco is back in the lineup tonight against Washington, batting second. He had been sidelined with what was originally called a knee injury. Ruben Amaro confirmed that it was instead an ankle injury.

Click to comment

1. TheDipsy

May 21, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Wow. Jimmy Andrews in the house. Is Johari available to play SS? She can’t do any worse that her hubby.

The Dipsy

2. Chuck A.

May 21, 2012 at 5:28 pm

The birth of a child is HUGE. I remember when my son was born almost 15 years ago. Even though I wasn’t the one giving birth I was a nervous wreck. Maybe the same with Jimmy? Hopefully, he can now relax a bit and get back to his game. Congrats, J-Roll!!

As for Worley, I have three more words that he’s not gonna want to hear – Tommy John surgery. Guess we’re not gonna be trading Joe Blanton any time soon.

3. Dave P

May 21, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the Vanimal. Watching him pitch has been a lot of fun, don’t want to see his career get derailed.

4. George

May 21, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Poor choice of words regarding the “infamous” doctor. He’s saved a heckuva lot of pitchers’ careers. I’d reserve that description for people like Stalin, Jack the Ripper, or maybe the quack who set my broken wrist all wrong years ago.

Right now, Worley seeing Andrews is probably more precautionary than anything. Bone chips usually don’t involve TJ surgery; in fact, Cole Hamels had some removed during the offseason and he’s doing a pretty fair job right now.

5. MaryPat

May 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm

My thoughts exactly on calling him “infamous”! It’s not like he’s Mengele or anything!! LOL!

6. minibus hire st albans

August 22, 2012 at 12:39 am

Excellent site. Lots of useful info here. I am sending it to some pals ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks in your effort!