2013 Gameday

Gameday: Phillies (67-78) vs Padres (66-78)

Philadelphia Phillies (67-78) vs. San Diego Padres (66-78)

Roy Halladay (3-4, 7.19 ) vs. Tyson Ross (3-7, 2.79 )

Time: 7:05 ET, Citizens Bank Park
TV:
CSN
Weather: Cloudy, stormy
Media: Twitter and Facebook

Roy Halladay is coming off a start in which he only allowed one run over six innings, but had some serious command issues. He’ll look to fix those issues tonight, as long as the weather holds up. There’s storms in the area, as a cold front moves in, and we could be looking at a delay of some sort tonight.

Opposing him will be some guy named Tyson Ross. I’ve honestly never heard of him before, but he’s got some pretty good numbers this year. He’s made 12 starts this year, but has appeared in 31 games. He has an ERA of 2.79 in 103.1 IP. He’s thrown 2 2/3 scoreless innings against the Phillies this year in relief.

Lineup: Hernandez CF, Rollins SS, Utley 2B, Ruiz C, Ruf RF, Asche 3B, Frandsen 1B, Galvis LF, Halladay P

Gameday Beer: Shock Top Belgian White

The Phillies aren’t making many fans happy lately, so why not make up for it with a tasty beer to go with tonight’s game? Shock Top Belgian White is a great choice if you’re looking for something smooth and delicious. It’s sure to put a smile on your face. – Jon

GO PHILLIES!

1. Jay

September 12, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Hold down the 5 run lead Doc! I honestly think we need to bring him back next year out of respect alone!!!

• G7

September 12, 2013 at 8:42 pm

He looks exhausted after 30 pitches.

• wbramh

September 13, 2013 at 4:07 am

Which is what I’ve been pointing out since last April.
        He’s been looking drained, sweaty and sick all year.
        I firmly believe the problem isn’t with his shoulder and I’d be willing to bet that nobody is looking for answers elsewhere. I think Roy would do better consulting with a basic GP who is also a good diagnostician and drop the club’s orthopedic guys for the moment..
        I mean, don’t they ever look at Roy’s drained face or are they just looking at the pitches?

2. G7

September 12, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Chooch is on fire!

3. Hogey's Role

September 12, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Halladay looks pretty decent, 4 k’s through 2 innings….

I’m still on board for resigning him at seasons end… one year contract with incentives and an option year or two

• Hogey's Role

September 12, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Ahh jinxed!! My bad Roy…

4. "Big Ed" Delahanty

September 12, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Ruben Amaro,
    How about those walks leading to runs? (Crickets) Rube? Ah, who cares.
    Go Phillies!

5. Double Trouble Del

September 12, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I wonder what the last few weeks hold for Halladay. He really isn’t improving his FA stock and I’m happy to wave good bye at the end of the year.

6. "Big Ed" Delahanty

September 12, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Not good, Roy. Not good.

7. Whatever

September 12, 2013 at 10:10 pm

“Halladay looks pretty decent”

Say what??? I don’t think Halladay looks good at all. Keep Cliff Lee – an awesome pitcher – and keep Cole Hamels – def quality. Beyond that …. who knows?

• Jay

September 12, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Yea but who knows? I think he rushed back from the DL personally because that’s who he is…one more year I say and at the very least he’s better than cloyd

September 12, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Nail it shut Jake. So far it has been a fun game to watch.