2014 Gameday

Gameday 16: Rockies vs. Phillies

phillies

otherPhiladelphia Phillies (7-8) at Colorado Rockies (8-9)

Starting Pitchers:
PHI: Jonathan Pettibone
vs.
COL: Tyler Chatwood

Time: 8:40, Coors Field
TV: CSN
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 52
Media: Twitter and Facebook

A Note for Tonight:

The Phillies will send Jonathan Pettibone to the hill for his second start of 2014 after going five innings and giving up one earned run in his first start.

The Phillies’ offense has been dreadful ever since that eighth inning against the Braves last Monday. Hopefully the thin Colorado air will help wake the bats up.

Lineup: Revere CF / Rollins SS / Utley 2B / Howard 1B / Byrd RF / Brown LF / Ruiz C / Asche 3B / Pettibone P

1. lefty

April 18, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Hurry back Cole, please

2. betasigmadeltashag

April 18, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Really just one guy out there
    I know it worked out. But don’t they have a few left handed pinch hitters on the bench. Does Sandburg not believe in left right match ups. I know it was 8-0 but that is just crazy. He does it all the time.
    And what happened to Pettibone has he forgotten how to pitch

3. Andrew from Waldorf

April 18, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I get the package and we don’t get the Phillies a lot.

So really first time with stairs.

I want to like him.

But its tough. He needs to work with a speech coach to understand him a little better.
    After all the Wheeler years. I am giving the benefit of the doubt.

As for the game.

I thought the phils may get no hit lol

I do have tulo in fantasy though!!!!!!

4. betasigmadeltashag

April 18, 2014 at 10:24 pm

I liked Wheels and I think Jamie is doing well. Not sure about Stairs, might just be the Canadian accent. What package AFW doesn’t carry Phils games
    Adams looked good some movement on his fastball and slider look good

5. Andrew from Waldorf

April 18, 2014 at 10:35 pm

The baseball package on direct TV.

A lot of times they don’t have the Phillies broadcast so I am forced to watch the other teams broadcast.

I remember when Gillick got Stairs.

I told my buddy what a great signing/trade it was.
    He didn’t even know who he was.
    The rest is history.

That’s what made Gillick a HOF GM.
    Those kinds of moves.

I had to look up the home run and watching it again for the first time in a few years.

Stairs gets a pass.

I think that was the most excited ive ever been for a sports event.

6. "Big Ed" Delahanty

April 18, 2014 at 11:37 pm

A tough one to watch. Unfortunately, Pettibone does not have over-powering stufff – he’s a fifth starter at best. Maybe he can get better with experience and a good pitching coach, not named McClure. Phillies should try out Buchannan soon.
    On a lighter/annoying note (dependent upon the reader) everyone’s favorite psycho-toolbox, Papelbon, apparently, according to talk radio, farted loudly during his polemic and pendantic babble about velocity. That’s all I got because this game is a rough one tonight.

7. Bruce

April 19, 2014 at 12:36 am

Pettibone was chosen as the necessary 5th starter while the Phillies wait for the return of Hamels and a full rotation. Sandberg let his starter pitched an extra few innings and take the beating for the team. Why? The bullpen (with the exception of the backend) has been overused and a disaster on the mound. The bullpen for me is the main concern as the young relievers are inconsistent in learning under fire how to pitch effectively in the Majors. Some will make it; others will drop by the wayside.

8. Scotty Ingerton

April 19, 2014 at 6:48 am

Two hits. At Coors Field no less. Two runs scored in their last 27 innings. Remember a couple of weeks ago when Cody Asche was being compared to a young chase Utley? Good times.