Posts

Gameday 75: Marlins vs. Phillies

phillies

other

Miami Marlins (38-39) at Philadelphia Phillies (35-41)

Starting Pitchers:
MIA: Henderson Alvarez (4-3, 2.39)
vs.
PHI: A.J. Burnett (5-6, 3.89)

Time:  7:05 at Citizens Bank Park
TV: CSN
Weather: Chance of Thunderstorms, 81
Media: Twitter and Facebook

A Note for Tonight: Burnett looks to continue his hot streak. He has a 2.22 ERA in his last 24 1/3 innings.  He’s coming off a complete game against the Cardinals. On the other side, Henderson Alvarez is having himself a great season to this point. Most of his success has been at home, although he hasn’t been bad on the road.

LineupJimmy Rollins, SS/ Carlos Ruiz, C/ Chase Utley, 2B/ Ryan Howard, 1B/ Marlon Byrd, RF/  Cody Asche, 3B/ Dom Brown, LF/ Ben Revere, CF/ A.J. Burnett, P.

1. lefty

June 25, 2014 at 8:06 pm

You know what? Jen Utley is nice looking but nothing special for a rich ballplayer. She’s no prettier than my wife at that age and I’m just a poor schlub!

2. Andrew from waldorf

June 25, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Well you are a stud muffin.

Really that’s enough Dom Brown in left.

I am using Burnett in fantasy vs the MArlins pitcher.

so this is really killing me.

That’s enough.

• lefty

June 25, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Actually my wife is darn near blind.

3. teejayvee

June 25, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Yeah the fans are really killing Brown.
    I don’t think his stay in Phila. is going to be long.

4. Mike in NJ

June 25, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Well my 3 run rule has kicked in…I’m out.
    See ya tomorrow lol

5. lefty

June 25, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Announcers in the outfield huh? Well why not, there are no spectators there. 🙂

6. lefty

June 25, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Another bomb for the young Cuban, Mr Abreu tonight. I still can’t believe I passed on him in my fantasy draft. But at least my guy Moss woke from his slumber and hit one too.

• Art

June 26, 2014 at 8:18 am

Thank goodness the Phillies signed Gonzalez instead of Puig or Abreu!

• Hogey's Role

June 26, 2014 at 9:08 am

I’d rather have cespedes

7. lefty

June 25, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Ouch

8. lefty

June 25, 2014 at 8:50 pm

That was close for Utley. I’d like to see him wake up a little too.

9. lefty

June 25, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Stairs cracks me up. “90mph fastball changeup”-

10. lefty

June 25, 2014 at 9:26 pm

The phils are only using pitchers tonight with the initials A.B.

11. Andrew from waldorf

June 25, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Brown cost the game.

Period and my win in fantasy and a win against me as a result.

Brown may make it with some team.

It wont be the Phillies.

Amaro and the orginazation has not handled him well at all.

• Dave

June 26, 2014 at 8:05 am

Indeed. He has extremely poor baseball instincts. Bowa hit the nail on the head.

• Scotty Ingerton

June 26, 2014 at 8:54 am

It’s not just poor instincts. It’s almost as if he has NO baseball instincts. Since he’s been with the Phillies professionally since 2006, it makes me wonder about the organization’s player development personnel.

• Hogey's Role

June 26, 2014 at 9:09 am

Or our ability to develop/coach minor league talent

• Dave

June 26, 2014 at 10:31 am

Absolutely it makes you wonder. This was the guy who was untouchable and our top prospect. Are you telling me that they didn’t see years ago, what we see now? He should have been farther along at that stage of his career. Brown says it’s all a learning experience and that he will be fine. Lol. It’s like giving a license to someone who doesn’t know where the steering wheel is….he really is a car crash out there.

12. Tonycap

June 26, 2014 at 3:21 am

Greetings,

I was thinking of calling you but I didn’t want to
    take up your time, this maybe of interest to you, if not, I
    apologize for the inconvenience.

Do you have a Facebook Fanpage and interested on getting thousands of likes naturally?
    We can promote your Facebook Fanpage everywhere and get your Fanpage thousands of likes.
    We are positive that you are familiar that the more likes you have, the more visitors,
    credibility, and customers you will have. Having thousands of
    likes will raise up your Ranking on Google Search for your website.
    We can help you collect hundreds and thousands of real likes daily.
    We can also help you achieve thousands of Twitter Followers and YouTube Views.
    You have nothing to lose.

Please visit: