Phillies Nation is looking for some contributors!
Some folks have sent emails already; if you have, no need to send again.
Below is the announcement; please read if you’re interested.
Want to break into baseball writing? Looking for a place to write about the Philadelphia Phillies? Phillies Nation is seeking contributors excited about having a forum for their work.
A contributor will have the opportunity to build a baseball writing portfolio while being exposed to more than 100,000 unique readers each year. It’s a great opportunity for those looking to break into baseball writing; the work of past Phillies Nation writers can be seen at places such as CSNPhilly, the Ringer and CBS Philly.
A contributor applicant should be a baseball fan interested in improving her or his writing. A passion for baseball is required; deep knowledge of the Philadelphia Phillies is preferred.
As a contributor, expect to:
- Write at least two posts of varying length per week
- Work with editor on story assignments and pitches, hitting all deadlines
- Work with editor to improve writing – clarity, structure, syntax, grammar
- Communicate with editor and other contributors regarding scheduled content
- Be interested in taking on greater responsibilities – including but not confined to social media, audio production – as job grows
Contributors at Phillies Nation write remotely and communicate digitally. That said, we love throwing meetups, tailgates and workshops. Other perks that come with contributing have, in the past, included merchandise, Phillies tickets and attending player- and team-hosted events.
If interested in becoming a contributor, send an email to Tim Malcolm at email@example.com with a brief introduction and, if available, at least two writing samples, published or unpublished.