With a getaway doubleheader followed by a long flight to Seattle, the Phillies needed some early energy. In steps Bryce Harper, who homered for the second time this season off of former teammate Max Scherzer. It’s his third-career home run against Scherzer and his fourth of the year against the Mets.
In honor of Mother’s Day, Harper celebrated the home run by looking into the camera and saying “I love you, Mom.”
The Phillies currently have a 1-0 lead over the Mets heading into the bottom of the second inning.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies 2022 Walk-Up Songs
- For Now, Joe Girardi’s Job Is Reportedly Safe
- The Phillies Really Pulled Off A Once-In-A-Generation Collapse
- ‘That Was Pretty Special’: Brad Miller Reflects On Best Moments With Phillies
- Phillies Honor Minor League Pitcher Who Is Battling Cancer
- Media Review: ESPN’s New Sunday Night Baseball Booth, In-Game Interviews
- Sam Fuld Talks Decision To Demote Bryson Stott To Triple A
- Is There Value In Going Ballistic On An Umpire? Joe Girardi Weighs In.
- 2021 First-Round Pick Andrew Painter Strikes Out 13 Consecutive Batters For Single-A Clearwater
- ‘It’s A Moment That I’ll Always Have’: Andrew McCutchen Reflects On HR In First Phillies At-Bat