Right-handed pitcher Zach Eflin, catcher Andrew Knapp and utility man Luke Williams have been placed on the COVID-19 related injured list prior to Friday’s game against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Friday’s game has been delayed until 7:30 pm ET. According to Jim Salisbury, the game has been moved back in order to complete contact tracing as all three players tested positive.
According to Matt Breen of the Philadelphia Inquirer, all three players are fully vaccinated.
The Phillies planned on placing Eflin (right patella tendinopathy) on the 10-day injured list Friday. Joe Girardi told reporters that there is no timetable for Eflin’s return.
To replace Eflin, Knapp and Williams on the roster, right-handed pitcher Enyel De Los Santos and catcher Rafael Marchan have been recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Outfielder Jorge Bonifacio’s contract was selected.
Here is the Phillies’ new lineup for Friday’s game.
- Odúbel Herrera, left field
- Jean Segura, second base
- Bryce Harper, right field
- J.T. Realmuto, catcher
- Didi Gregorius, shortstop
- Brad Miller, first base
- Freddy Galvis, third base
- Travis Jankowski, center field
- Aaron Nola, pitcher
We’ll have more on this story as more information becomes available.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Seranthony Domínguez pitches on back-to-back nights for first time in rehab stint
- Listen: Tim Kelly talks Joe Girardi, Rhys Hoskins on SportsRadio WIP
- ‘I’m A Little Different Than Most’: Meet The Phillies’ Eccentric New Pitching Prospect
- Spencer Howard Gives Incredible Quote On His Time In Philly
- Cole Hamels Won’t Be Pitching For The Dodgers After All
- Phillies Nuggets: What Now For Alec Bohm
- Phillies Nuggets: Who’s Up Next On The Wall Of Fame?
- ‘Man I Throw Hay Bales On A Trailer’: Christian McGowan Comes From Small Town To Phillies
- Brian Barber On Mick Abel: ‘He’s Exactly What We Thought He Was Going To Be’
- Phillies 2021 Walk-Up Songs