Today is an exciting day for Phillies fans.
At around noon, the team will formally introduce outfielder Nick Castellanos at a press conference in Clearwater, Fla. Castellanos’ five-year, $100 million deal was made official on Tuesday. You can stream the presser on Phillies.com and the Phillies’ social media channels.
A short time later, Kyle Schwarber will make his spring debut with the Phillies a bit earlier than expected. He’ll bat leadoff and DH alongside plenty of other lineup regulars at BayCare Ballpark.
Here’s the Phillies lineup for Wednesday’s game against the Blue Jays.
- Kyle Schwarber, DH
- Jean Segura, 2B
- Bryce Harper, RF
- J.T. Realmuto, C
- Rhys Hoskins, 1B
- Didi Gregorius, SS
- Alec Bohm, 3B
- Matt Vierling, LF
- Adam Haseley, CF
- Starting Pitcher: Cristopher Sánchez
- Probable Relievers: Nick Nelson, Connor Brogdon, Sam Coonrod, Michael Kelly and Francisco Morales.
- Seranthony Domínguez was fantastic in his first spring outing on Tuesday. He struck out the side on 14 pitches and topped out at 97 mph. The Phillies will likely exercise a ton of precaution when it comes to Domínguez’s workload early on, but so far, the 27-year-old’s stuff looks like it will play in the backend of the bullpen.
- Ruben Amaro Jr. posted a photo of Zack Wheeler throwing on Wednesday morning with a crowd of Phillies minor league arms gathered around. Wheeler, who dealt with shoulder soreness in December and the flu at the beginning of camp, has yet to throw in a Grapefruit League game. According to Scott Lauber of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Wheeler is expected to throw a live BP before taking the mound in a game. The Phillies have reportedly discussed piggybacking Wheeler to begin the season as he builds up his workload. That could mean another depth starter, say Bailey Falter, could pitch a few innings after Wheeler in a game. It’s certainly a storyline to keep an eye on as the Phillies’ chances in 2022 hinge on Wheeler being healthy.
- Here’s a first look at Nick Castellanos as he arrived at the Phillies complex on Tuesday:
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nuggets: Opening Day Lineup Projection 1.0
- Phillies To Rely On Kyle Schwarber’s Postseason Experience In Pursuit Of Red October
- Bryce Harper: ‘What A Lineup We’re About To Have’
- Phillies To Offer Season-Long ‘Ballpark Pass’
- Zack Wheeler Had Shoulder Soreness In December; Says It’s Nothing Concerning
- Gregg Murphy Will See Expanded Role On Phillies Radio Network In 2022
- Through 3 Years, Who Has Been Better — Bryce Harper Or Manny Machado
- Apparently The Pirates Once Offered Barry Bonds In A Trade To The Phillies
- Who Were The Best Hitting Pitchers To Play For The Phillies?
- This 2001 Top 10 Phillies Prospects List Is A Sight To Behold