If you purchased tickets for a Philadelphia Phillies home game in April or May of 2020, you aren’t going to be stiffed.
According to Matt Breen of The Philadelphia Inquirer, the Phillies have elected to give fans that purchased tickets in April and May the chance to either get a full refund, or keep their money in the system for when baseball eventually returns to Citizens Bank Park.
The Phillies home opener had been scheduled for Thursday, April 2 against the Milwaukee Brewers as part of a three-game weekend series. Between April and May, the Toronto Blue Jays, Miami Marlins, Texas Rangers, Colorado Rockies, Atlanta Braves, Los Angeles Dodgers, St. Louis Cardinals, New York Mets and Washington Nationals were scheduled to visit Citizens Bank Park.
In Joe Girardi’s first season, the Phillies were slated to open the campaign in Miami. Between March, April and May, the Phillies had scheduled trips to Miami, New York (Mets), Cincinnati, Milwaukee, Chicago, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and Colorado. The Phillies don’t have control over whether those tickets are refunded, that will be up to each home team to make that determination.
In all likelihood, the Phillies and all 29 other teams will be forced to refund a majority or all of the tickets sold to fans for the 2020 season. Even though there’s some indication that MLB believes there will be a season in 2020, there’s yet to be a proposal that includes fans attending games.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Top Position Prospect Alec Bohm Hires Scott Boras As Agent
- Pitching Prospect Damon Jones Staying Ready For Next Opportunity, Whenever It May Come
- Phillies Uniforms Ranked Fourth Best In MLB
- The Forgotten Iconic No-Hitter In Phillies History
- Raul Ibanez Is Interested In Managing When The Time Is Right
- Phillies Phlashback: The Time Ryan Howard Dominated In Japan
- Larry Bowa Thinks DH Should Become Universal Or Be Eliminated
- Watch: Chase Utley Surprises Philadelphia Doctor On Intentional Talk
- Realmuto, Gregorius Will Become Free Agents After 2020 Season Regardless Of Length
- Joe Girardi Gushes About Bryce Harper: ‘He’s Such A Good Person’